US visa application norms relaxed for Indians
New Delhi: The United States has relaxed visa application norms for Indians who plan to travel to the the country.
Under the new norms, no extra visa fees will be charged from applicants if they are reapplying after their visa application was earlier put on hold or pending.
Children, under sever years of age, travelling to US do not have to appear for an interview once the visa application form has been submitted.
The US embassy in India has also put in measures to streamline the process, including steps to reduce waiting time for visa interview.
The US consulate has also upgraded its emergency appointment module and those applying for visas in case of unplanned travel will be informed about the status of their appointment with the consulate with the help of an email text message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims