US visa application norms relaxed for Indians
New Delhi: The United States has relaxed visa application norms for Indians who plan to travel to the the country.
Under the new norms, no extra visa fees will be charged from applicants if they are reapplying after their visa application was earlier put on hold or pending.
Children, under sever years of age, travelling to US do not have to appear for an interview once the visa application form has been submitted.
The US embassy in India has also put in measures to streamline the process, including steps to reduce waiting time for visa interview.
The US consulate has also upgraded its emergency appointment module and those applying for visas in case of unplanned travel will be informed about the status of their appointment with the consulate with the help of an email text message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic