US `wants to enhance economic, strategic engagement with India`
Washington: The Obama Administration wants to enhance economic and strategic engagement with India, the White House has said, as US Vice President Joe Biden concluded the Delhi leg of his trip meeting top Indian leadership to give a new thrust to the bilateral ties between the two countries.
"The message that the Vice President is carrying (from the President) in his meetings with Indian officials, is that we want to continue to enhance our economic and strategic engagement with India," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Tuesday.
"There are enormous opportunities for our two countries to work together and to work together even more closely than we have as this relationship has evolved in a positive direction now for so many years," Carney said in response to a question.
"When it comes to economic growth, trade, energy and climate change, as well as security issues and education issues, there`s a lot that the Vice President is discussing in India," he said, adding that on Wednesday in Mumbai Biden will deliver a speech on US-India relations and meet with business and community leaders and students.
"So I know, having spoken with him before he departed, that he was very much looking forward to this trip."
"He and the President highly value our relationship with India, and are looking for ways to make it even stronger and more cooperative," Carney said.
Biden, before his India trip met the Secretary of State John Kerry who recently returned from a successful India trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?