US warns of terror attacks in Delhi
New Delhi: The US Embassy on Wednesday warned of possible terror attacks in popular Delhi markets like Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place and asked its citizens to be "maintain high level of vigilance".
"There are increased indications that terrorists are planning attacks in New Delhi," the embassy said in an security alert. "Terrorists have targeted places in the past where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit.
"Markets such as those located in Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Greater Kailash, Karol Bagh, Mehrauli and Sarojini Nagar can be especially attractive targets for terrorist groups," it said.
"If you are in an area where unattended packages are spotted, you should immediately exit the area and report the packages to authorities," it added.
"Americans travelling or residing in India are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance, remain aware of their surroundings, monitor local news reports, and take appropriate steps to bolster their personal security," the advisory said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief