US warns of terror attacks in Delhi
New Delhi: The US Embassy on Wednesday warned of possible terror attacks in popular Delhi markets like Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place and asked its citizens to be "maintain high level of vigilance".
"There are increased indications that terrorists are planning attacks in New Delhi," the embassy said in an security alert. "Terrorists have targeted places in the past where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit.
"Markets such as those located in Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Greater Kailash, Karol Bagh, Mehrauli and Sarojini Nagar can be especially attractive targets for terrorist groups," it said.
"If you are in an area where unattended packages are spotted, you should immediately exit the area and report the packages to authorities," it added.
"Americans travelling or residing in India are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance, remain aware of their surroundings, monitor local news reports, and take appropriate steps to bolster their personal security," the advisory said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry