US warns of terror attacks in Delhi
New Delhi: The US Embassy on Wednesday warned of possible terror attacks in popular Delhi markets like Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place and asked its citizens to be "maintain high level of vigilance".
"There are increased indications that terrorists are planning attacks in New Delhi," the embassy said in an security alert. "Terrorists have targeted places in the past where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit.
"Markets such as those located in Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Greater Kailash, Karol Bagh, Mehrauli and Sarojini Nagar can be especially attractive targets for terrorist groups," it said.
"If you are in an area where unattended packages are spotted, you should immediately exit the area and report the packages to authorities," it added.
"Americans travelling or residing in India are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance, remain aware of their surroundings, monitor local news reports, and take appropriate steps to bolster their personal security," the advisory said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31