US welcomes Indo-Pak joint statement
Washington: The Obama administration has welcomed the joint statement issued by India and Pakistan, following their Prime Ministers’ meeting on the sidelines of the NAM Summit at Sharm-el-Sheikh earlier this week.
The US described the joint statement as "an important step towards stability in the region".
"The meeting in Sharm el-Sheikh and the statement between the Indian leader and the Pakistani leader in terms of co-operation on terrorism (is) vitally important to stability in the region," Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, Philip J Crowley, told reporters.
He said, the Obama administration recognizes that it was ultimately greater integration among the countries in the region, working on common challenges, regional challenges, finding new structures to be able to expand this cooperation.
"That will be how the region ultimately overcomes the challenges that it`s facing," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security