Use my premises for movement: Varun to Hazare
Lucknow: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Saturday said that
in case government fails to provide a place to social activist
Anna Hazare, for his fast for a "strong" Lokpal Bill starting
August 16, his premises in Delhi was open for him.
The refusal of permission for a public demonstration is
indicative of an elected government`s readiness to wage war
with its own electorate over the Lokpal Institution, Gandhi
said in a statement.
"If the government does not offer a public place for
Anna Hazare`s fast, I am proud to offer him my house and
official residence as MP and I hope he will avail of the
offer," he added.
"Current institutions like the CBI have been corroded by
misuse. We have ceased to be shocked by scams running into
1,70,000 crores. We see denials, and committees that come and
go without offenders being punished or any money being
returned to the public coffer," he said.
Anna Hazare is not just a man, he is a movement, a way
towards honesty and accountability, a way towards a clean and
prosperous India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age