Use my premises for movement: Varun to Hazare
Lucknow: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Saturday said that
in case government fails to provide a place to social activist
Anna Hazare, for his fast for a "strong" Lokpal Bill starting
August 16, his premises in Delhi was open for him.
The refusal of permission for a public demonstration is
indicative of an elected government`s readiness to wage war
with its own electorate over the Lokpal Institution, Gandhi
said in a statement.
"If the government does not offer a public place for
Anna Hazare`s fast, I am proud to offer him my house and
official residence as MP and I hope he will avail of the
offer," he added.
"Current institutions like the CBI have been corroded by
misuse. We have ceased to be shocked by scams running into
1,70,000 crores. We see denials, and committees that come and
go without offenders being punished or any money being
returned to the public coffer," he said.
Anna Hazare is not just a man, he is a movement, a way
towards honesty and accountability, a way towards a clean and
prosperous India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS