Use of black money reason for inflation, price rise: Swamy
Patna: Janata Party president Subramanian
Swamy on Sunday claimed that black money was responsible for
inflation and price rise in the country as black marketeers
were using the ill-got wealth to hoard essential commodities.
"Black money is being used in a big way to purchase
consumer goods, including food grains, for hoarding to cause
artificial shortage, jacking up prices and then selling them
for huge profit," he said in his lecture on `Ramrajya Kal Aur
Swamy claimed those hoarding black money had invested
upto 70 per cent of their capital in consumer goods and were
using the profits to buy food materials for black marketing.
It had led to the unusually high inflation rate of
about 16 per cent which was negating India`s 9 per cent
growth, he said.
Swamy claimed that black money was also being invested
in the equity market in the country by bringing the funds
through the Mauritius route. "These investors were causing
prices of various companies to swing to rake in profits."
The Janata Party president touched upon the 2G scam to
substantiate his allegation and said DB Realty`s promoter
Shahid Balwa, now in jail, was a "classic example" of the use
of black money in the economy.
Balwa, alleged to have links with Dawood Ibrahim,
accumulated the huge ill-got wealth and invested it in the
market, he said.
Swamy also hit out at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi for his alleged description of Lord Rama as a
mythical figure during the debate on Setu Samudram project.
The claim about the bridge between India and Sri Lanka
had been proved by Geological Survey of India and NASA, he
said, adding that he had filed a petition in Supreme Court
against attempts to destroy the `Ram Setu` for the shipping
canal between Park Bay and Gulf of Mannar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31