`Use of govt machinery to promote graft will lead to disaster`
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday reacted sharply to the Prime Minister`s remark on attempts to create a "mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism" over graft issue, saying the use of government machinery and legal system to promote corruption would lead to disaster.
"The mindful application of government machinery and the legal system to promote corruption will certainly lead us to disaster," senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said here when asked about Singh`s statement.
Joshi also reiterated his party`s demand for a probe into the alleged financial wrongdoings of Robert Vadra.
Asked what BJP feels about Vadra not clarifying his stand against the charges levelled against him by activist Arvind Kejriwal, Joshi said, "The party has demanded that everything should be investigated and true facts should be brought before us. And if there is bungling and misappropriation the whole thing should be brought before a court of law."
He maintained that all facts related to the case should be brought in the open and everything which is "irregular and wrong" should be brought before the court.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, while addressing the annual conference of CBI and State Anti-Corruption Bureaus, said, "The mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism that is sought to be created over the issue of corruption can do us no good."
His remark has come in the backdrop of repeated attacks from the opposition and civil society activists against the government and some individuals on the issue of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened