Use of IED with RDX in Pune confuses forensic experts
Pune: Packing of the Improvised Explosive
Device (IED) with RDX in the Pune`s blast inside German bakery
has left forensic experts flummoxed as they were unable to
find any remnant to identify the circuit used for detonating
The explosive material -- RDX and Ammonium Nitrate --
does not have the signature of earlier blasts, including in
Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Delhi and the "packing" of explosive
material is of such a high quality that even forensic experts
have not been able to pick a single clue about its timer.
The three forensic teams -- State Forensic Laboratory of
Mumbai, Gandhinagar and CFSL -- struggled to find the timer
circuit which would help investigators in finding the time
when the IED was manufactured, the sources said.
The forensic experts admit this time there was a better
execution by the terror module and the profile of the
explosive material was different with majority of IED
comprising RDX with Ammonium Nitrate used to gel with engine
oil to cause fire, the sources said.
Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh had said "it was
a mixture of RDX, Ammonium Nitrate and Petroleum Hydrocarbon
oil that set off the blast."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand