Use political platform to indulge in politics: Soni to Ramdev
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev should use a political
platform if he wants to indulge in politics, Information and
Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said here on Thursday.
"Baba Ramdev has taught yoga across the country and that
is the basis of his popularity. When he share the dias with
people who are known to have divided the country in the name
of religion, then you can only imagine what goes on in the
mind of the common man.
"Those who want to indulge in politics should use a
political platform," Soni said when asked to comment on the
yoga guru`s indefinite fast on the issue of black money.
Sadhvi Ritambhara, who is linked to the RSS and VHP and
is one of the accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case, was
seen sharing the dais with Ramdev at the Ramlila Ground on
Soni also attacked the BJP for hitching on the issue
raised by Ramdev.
"BJP has lost its political ground and is devoid of
issues and is now leaning on such persons (like Ramdev) and
seeking to gain politically from their actions," she said when
asked about BJP leader Sushma Swaraj`s visit to Haridwar to
meet the yoga guru.
Meanwhile, doctors in Haridwar said the yoga guru, who
has been on a fast since June 4, has lost 1.5 kg over the past
"Ramdev`s condition is deteriorating day-by-day. His
condition is unsatisfactory and his weight continues to
reduce. At present, his weight is 58.5 kg. It was 60 kg on
June 7," Chief Medical Officer, Haridwar, Yogesh Chandra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'