Utsav Sharma is mentally disturbed: Psychologists
Ghaziabad: Utsav Sharma, who is in jail for
assaulting Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar outside a court
here, was examined by two psychologists who said he is
mentally disturbed and needs treatment, police said on Saturday.
Psychologists Nupur Niharia and Susheel Avana examined
Sharma on March 7 in the jail and stated in their report that
he is mentally disturbed and needs treatment in Varanasi
mental hospital or any other well-equipped hospital, Jail
Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
Sharma said he has appealed the local court here to allow
Utsav treatment at a mental hospital.
Yesterday, Chief Judicial Magistrate DD Ojha ordered
Sharma to submit Utsav`s medical reports before the court and
posted the matter to March 15. The judge also sought the
report of Ghaziabad Chief Medical Officer in this matter.
Utsav had attacked Talwar with a sharp-edged weapon on
January 25, almost a year after he had assaulted former
Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, convicted of molesting Ruchika
Girotra, outside a Panchkula court in a similar fashion.
judgement on the bail application of Utsav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery