Utsav Sharma is mentally disturbed: Psychologists
Ghaziabad: Utsav Sharma, who is in jail for
assaulting Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar outside a court
here, was examined by two psychologists who said he is
mentally disturbed and needs treatment, police said on Saturday.
Psychologists Nupur Niharia and Susheel Avana examined
Sharma on March 7 in the jail and stated in their report that
he is mentally disturbed and needs treatment in Varanasi
mental hospital or any other well-equipped hospital, Jail
Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
Sharma said he has appealed the local court here to allow
Utsav treatment at a mental hospital.
Yesterday, Chief Judicial Magistrate DD Ojha ordered
Sharma to submit Utsav`s medical reports before the court and
posted the matter to March 15. The judge also sought the
report of Ghaziabad Chief Medical Officer in this matter.
Utsav had attacked Talwar with a sharp-edged weapon on
January 25, almost a year after he had assaulted former
Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, convicted of molesting Ruchika
Girotra, outside a Panchkula court in a similar fashion.
judgement on the bail application of Utsav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets