Uttarakhand CM supports Amitabh Bachchan
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank today came out in support of mega star
Amitabh Bachchan saying he is an artist and it was not correct
to politicise everything associated with the film-star.
"I have very old relations with Amitabh Bachchan. He is a
great artist who is a pride for the country and has
contributed to its honour. I do not understand why everything
is politicised concerning him," Nishank told reporters here
The chief minister, however, parried a question whether
BJP-ruled Uttarakhand would appoint Bachchan as its brand
ambassador to promote tourism in the state.
Bachchan is the brand ambassador of BJP ruled Gujarat and
is in the midst of a controversy over objections by some
Congress workers in Maharashtra to his presence at a
government function in Mumbai last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to visit India next month