Uttarakhand CM supports Amitabh Bachchan
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank today came out in support of mega star
Amitabh Bachchan saying he is an artist and it was not correct
to politicise everything associated with the film-star.
"I have very old relations with Amitabh Bachchan. He is a
great artist who is a pride for the country and has
contributed to its honour. I do not understand why everything
is politicised concerning him," Nishank told reporters here
The chief minister, however, parried a question whether
BJP-ruled Uttarakhand would appoint Bachchan as its brand
ambassador to promote tourism in the state.
Bachchan is the brand ambassador of BJP ruled Gujarat and
is in the midst of a controversy over objections by some
Congress workers in Maharashtra to his presence at a
government function in Mumbai last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Floods batter Assam, Arunachal; 3 die in Uttarakhand wall collapse
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos