Uttarakhand crisis over from my end: Harish Rawat
New Delhi: Sulking Congress leader Harish Rawat on Wednesday said the crisis in the party in Uttarakhand was over and it was for state Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to take some initiative.
"The crisis is over from our end, now the Chief Minister has to take some initiative," the Minister of State for Agriculture and Parliamentary Affairs said on the sidelines of a realty conference when asked whether the crisis in Uttarakhand is over.
He declined to comment on what the initiative was.
Yesterday, Bahuguna has expanded his cabinet by inducting
10 members, including one member each of BSP and UKD and two
independent MLAs who helped Congress gain majority in the
Rawat, who was seen as a front runner for the Uttarakhand
chief minister`s post, had earlier offered to resign from the
Union Council of Ministers following Bahuguna`s selection for
the top post in the state.
He had sent his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and had also written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi,
saying that he would prefer to work as a party worker.
After the Assembly election, Congress had emerged as the
largest party with with 32 MLAs.
Three independent MLAs, three BSP MLAs and one UKD MLA have declared their support to Congress, raising its tally to 39 in the 70-member assembly. The BJP had won 31 seats in the state elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!