Uttarakhand floods: 27 bodies fished out of Ganga in Allahabad
Chandauli: Bodies of nearly 27 people were found in river Ganga in Allahabad after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, a senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Saturday.
DNA samples of the bodies were being preserved and efforts were on to identify the dead, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
On insurgency, he said the anti-terror squad along with local police would monitor and carry out anti-naxal operations in affected districts of the state.
The ADGP, who was here to inaugurate a new crime branch office, favoured community policing in rural areas.
Police were also trying to stop cattle smuggling in the state, the ADGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'