Uttarakhand floods: 27 bodies fished out of Ganga in Allahabad
Chandauli: Bodies of nearly 27 people were found in river Ganga in Allahabad after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, a senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Saturday.
DNA samples of the bodies were being preserved and efforts were on to identify the dead, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
On insurgency, he said the anti-terror squad along with local police would monitor and carry out anti-naxal operations in affected districts of the state.
The ADGP, who was here to inaugurate a new crime branch office, favoured community policing in rural areas.
Police were also trying to stop cattle smuggling in the state, the ADGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal