Uttarakhand floods: 27 bodies fished out of Ganga in Allahabad
Chandauli: Bodies of nearly 27 people were found in river Ganga in Allahabad after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, a senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Saturday.
DNA samples of the bodies were being preserved and efforts were on to identify the dead, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
On insurgency, he said the anti-terror squad along with local police would monitor and carry out anti-naxal operations in affected districts of the state.
The ADGP, who was here to inaugurate a new crime branch office, favoured community policing in rural areas.
Police were also trying to stop cattle smuggling in the state, the ADGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism