Uttarakhand floods: 27 bodies fished out of Ganga in Allahabad
Chandauli: Bodies of nearly 27 people were found in river Ganga in Allahabad after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, a senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Saturday.
DNA samples of the bodies were being preserved and efforts were on to identify the dead, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
On insurgency, he said the anti-terror squad along with local police would monitor and carry out anti-naxal operations in affected districts of the state.
The ADGP, who was here to inaugurate a new crime branch office, favoured community policing in rural areas.
Police were also trying to stop cattle smuggling in the state, the ADGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported