Uttarakhand floods: 27 bodies fished out of Ganga in Allahabad
Chandauli: Bodies of nearly 27 people were found in river Ganga in Allahabad after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, a senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Saturday.
DNA samples of the bodies were being preserved and efforts were on to identify the dead, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
On insurgency, he said the anti-terror squad along with local police would monitor and carry out anti-naxal operations in affected districts of the state.
The ADGP, who was here to inaugurate a new crime branch office, favoured community policing in rural areas.
Police were also trying to stop cattle smuggling in the state, the ADGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why