Uttarakhand floods: Ambika slams Sushma for her remark on Bahuguna govt
Dehradun: Congress General Secretary Ambika Soni on Monday hit out at BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for demanding sacking of the Vijay Bahuguna government for "inept handling" of the situation in flood-devastated Uttarakhand, saying her remark was "irresponsible".
"How can she make a statement like this at a time when the entire government machinery is busy taking relief to doorsteps of the people in affected areas," she said.
"Political leaders, irrespective of party affiliations, have come forward to help the affected people in Uttarakhand. The state government is working overtime to assuage their trauma.
"In circumstances like these it is highly irresponsible on part of the Leader of Opposition to come up with a statement like that," Soni, in-charge of party`s affairs in Uttarakhand, told reporters here.
Charging the Uttarakhand government with failure to handle the tragedy caused by floods and landslides, Swaraj demanded dismissal of the state government.
"I am sorry to say that the government in Uttarakhand has not been able to rise to the occasion. They ought to be dismissed for being inept and incompetent," Swaraj said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India