Uttarakhand floods: CRPF, CISF personnel donate one day`s salary
New Delhi: Troops of paramilitary forces CRPF and CISF have decided to donate their one-day salary totalling about Rs 28 crore for the victims of Uttarakhand floods.
The forces, rendering internal security duties in the country, will deposit the money in the Prime Ministers Relief Fund by the next week.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) contribution will be about Rs 18 crore while another 10 crore would be pitched in by the jawans and officers of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards 59 Indian civil airports.
"The CRPF rank and file have decided to donate one day`s salary to the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund. The amount will be over Rs 18 crore," a statement from the force said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'