Uttarakhand floods: `Rambo` Modi vs `Citizen` Rahul
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Politics continued to be played in the flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on Tuesday with the government allowing Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to visit rain-battered parts of the state.
This is in stark contrast to what happened when Narendra Modi had visited the state following the devastation last week.
Modi was denied permission to travel to affected regions to review the situation, with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde saying VIP visits hamper rescue efforts.
However, the same set of rules doesn’t seem to have been followed in case of Rahul Gandhi, who has been visiting flood-affected places and meeting stranded people.
Congress has also been critical of Modi’s ‘rambo’ act during which he reportedly rescued 15,000 stranded Gujaratis from Uttarakhand.
Congress today said Rahul was visiting Uttarakhand not as a ‘rambo’ but as a citizen of this country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice