Vadra-DLF row: IAC activists protest outside Hooda`s house
New Delhi: The Indian Against Corruption (IAC) activists on Sunday held a protest outside Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s residence in Delhi.
Over a hundred activists, who were protesting against the Haryana government for allegedly favouring and facilitating land deals between Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and real estate giant DLF, also clashed with the police.
"Two people and some policemen were injured in the crackdown by police to disperse the crowd," said a police official.
The police used water cannons when IAC supporters tried to enter Hooda`s house on Pandit Pant Marg in central Delhi.
"These people gathered here at 1 pm. They started raising slogans against Hooda. We have detained some protestors," the official said.
The Vadra-DLF land deal has become a political mess with the abrupt transfer of a Haryana official who axed the mutation of a prime plot in Gurgaon sold by Vadra`s company to DLF for Rs 58 crore.
While the Congress defended the Haryana government`s decision to shift IAS officer Ashok Khemka, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) sought an independent probe.
Even after Haryana ordered a probe into the actions of officials, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had insisted that his government had not favoured anyone in land deals. The state also countered Khemka`s claims over his transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read