Vadra-DLF row: IAC activists protest outside Hooda`s house
New Delhi: The Indian Against Corruption (IAC) activists on Sunday held a protest outside Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s residence in Delhi.
Over a hundred activists, who were protesting against the Haryana government for allegedly favouring and facilitating land deals between Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and real estate giant DLF, also clashed with the police.
"Two people and some policemen were injured in the crackdown by police to disperse the crowd," said a police official.
The police used water cannons when IAC supporters tried to enter Hooda`s house on Pandit Pant Marg in central Delhi.
"These people gathered here at 1 pm. They started raising slogans against Hooda. We have detained some protestors," the official said.
The Vadra-DLF land deal has become a political mess with the abrupt transfer of a Haryana official who axed the mutation of a prime plot in Gurgaon sold by Vadra`s company to DLF for Rs 58 crore.
While the Congress defended the Haryana government`s decision to shift IAS officer Ashok Khemka, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) sought an independent probe.
Even after Haryana ordered a probe into the actions of officials, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had insisted that his government had not favoured anyone in land deals. The state also countered Khemka`s claims over his transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video