Vadra land deal issue rocks Parliament
New Delhi: The issue of land deals allegedly involving Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra paralysed proceedings in Parliament on Tuesday.
The Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha witnessed two adjournments till 1400 hours as BJP members stormed the Well seeking a probe into the issue.
The plight of ethnic Tamils in Sri Lanka and the Italian marines, held for killing of Indian fishermen, not returning, and other issues were also raised but the issue that dominated was one relating to Vadra.
Gandhi was present in the Lok Sabha when the BJP members trooped into the Well carrying a placard which said `Finance Minister, adopt the formula of son-in-law; earn sitting at home and reduce losses`.
The BJP had earlier given notices in both Houses for suspension of Question Hour to discuss the alleged anomalies in land deal by Vadra in Rajasthan.
The notices came in the backdrop of reports alleging that Vadra had broken the law in buying land in Rajasthan, much above the prescribed ceiling, and that he was set to reap a windfall from the land in arid Bikaner area.
AIADMK and Congress ally DMK triggered uproar over the plight of ethnic Tamils in Sri Lanka, carrying placards and pictures of slain LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran`s 12-year-old son.
CPI(M) members raised the issue of Italy refusing to return the two marines accused of killing fishermen of Kerala in the high seas.
Both the Houses were adjourned till noon soon after assembling for the day and later adjourned again till 1400 hours.
Soon after papers were laid in the Lok Sabha during the Zero Hour, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal was asked by Speaker Meira Kumar to reply to the two-day debate on the rail budget. But as the din continued unabated, Kumar adjourned the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony