Vadra ran away from Facebook; Gadkari is answering questions: BJP
New Delhi: With allegations of corruption growing by the day against party president Nitin Gadkari, BJP’s Balbir Punj has come out in defence of the party chief and hit out at Robert Vadra.
It may be noted that Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, was accused by activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal of corruption and shady land deals with real estate major DLF.
"When Robert Vadra is facing allegations, he ran away even from Facebook. Mr Gadkari is going from studio to studio answering questions," Punj told NDTV.
Vadra had closed his Facebook account after his post mentioning "mango men in a banana republic" led to an outcry.
Almost all top BJP leaders, including LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, have come out in defence of Gadkari.
Advani yesterday lauded the party chief for himself calling for any probe against him in the wake of allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!