Vaidik has no relation with RSS: Ram Madhav
New Delhi: RSS leader Ram Madhav, who recently joined BJP, Tuesday asserted that journalist Ved Prakash Vaidik has no relation with RSS, saying a person roaming around with Congress leaders is not from the Sangh fountainhead.
"Vaidik saab has no relation with RSS. The person who roams around with Mani Shankar Aiyer and Salman Khurshid is not from RSS," he said.
"In any case Hafiz Saeed is a terrorist. With regard to India he is a criminal. Whenever he comes to India, he will brought as a criminal under the Indian law and order system," Madhav said.
His comments come after Congress party, includings its Vice President Rahul Gandhi, described
Vaidik as an "RSS man" and questioned whether the Indian High Commission in Islamabad had facilitated the meeting between him and Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
On Vaidik`s remark on integrating PoK and Kashmir into one country, Madhav said, "Crores of people in this country might have crores of self-opinion. PoK area is part of India. It`s Pakistan`s illegal and uncontitutional occupation. To free it is the one and only resolution of the Indian Parliament. That `sankalp` (commitment) has to be fulfilled."
On whether the scribe`s statement hurts the sentiments of the people, he said, "It definately does." He declined to elaborate further.
Meanwhile, calling it a diversionary tactics of Congress, the government has distanced itself from the meeting between Vaidik and Saeed, saying the journalist was "neither authorised nor representing the government or BJP".
Vaidik had met the chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, said to be the parent organisation of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians invited by a peace research institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda