Vaidik-Saeed meet: NIA, IB to question journalist?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency and Intelligence Bureau are likely to question yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Ved Pratap Vaidik for meeting Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed.
According to a news channel, the NIA and IB could question the senior journalist soon.
Meanwhile, a case of sedition has been filed in a court in Varanasi against Vaidik.
The case was filed in the court of the chief judicial magistrate on Wednesday and has been listed for hearing on July 25.
The petitioner, lawyer KC Tripathi, sought the arrest of Vaidik, who is also a journalist, for sedition.
Tripathi argued that the journalist had committed a crime by meeting a terrorist accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attack that left 166 people dead.
On July 02, Vaidik met Saeed in Lahore where he had gone as a member of an Indian delegation that also included Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar and former external affairs minister Salman Khurshid.
Vaidik`s meeting triggered outrage, with the government denouncing the meeting.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs