Vaidik-Saeed meet: NIA, IB to question journalist?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency and Intelligence Bureau are likely to question yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Ved Pratap Vaidik for meeting Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed.
According to a news channel, the NIA and IB could question the senior journalist soon.
Meanwhile, a case of sedition has been filed in a court in Varanasi against Vaidik.
The case was filed in the court of the chief judicial magistrate on Wednesday and has been listed for hearing on July 25.
The petitioner, lawyer KC Tripathi, sought the arrest of Vaidik, who is also a journalist, for sedition.
Tripathi argued that the journalist had committed a crime by meeting a terrorist accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attack that left 166 people dead.
On July 02, Vaidik met Saeed in Lahore where he had gone as a member of an Indian delegation that also included Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar and former external affairs minister Salman Khurshid.
Vaidik`s meeting triggered outrage, with the government denouncing the meeting.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you