Vaidik-Saeed meet: NIA, IB to question journalist?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency and Intelligence Bureau are likely to question yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Ved Pratap Vaidik for meeting Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed.
According to a news channel, the NIA and IB could question the senior journalist soon.
Meanwhile, a case of sedition has been filed in a court in Varanasi against Vaidik.
The case was filed in the court of the chief judicial magistrate on Wednesday and has been listed for hearing on July 25.
The petitioner, lawyer KC Tripathi, sought the arrest of Vaidik, who is also a journalist, for sedition.
Tripathi argued that the journalist had committed a crime by meeting a terrorist accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attack that left 166 people dead.
On July 02, Vaidik met Saeed in Lahore where he had gone as a member of an Indian delegation that also included Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar and former external affairs minister Salman Khurshid.
Vaidik`s meeting triggered outrage, with the government denouncing the meeting.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre