Vaidik-Saeed meet: NIA, IB to question journalist?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency and Intelligence Bureau are likely to question yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Ved Pratap Vaidik for meeting Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed.
According to a news channel, the NIA and IB could question the senior journalist soon.
Meanwhile, a case of sedition has been filed in a court in Varanasi against Vaidik.
The case was filed in the court of the chief judicial magistrate on Wednesday and has been listed for hearing on July 25.
The petitioner, lawyer KC Tripathi, sought the arrest of Vaidik, who is also a journalist, for sedition.
Tripathi argued that the journalist had committed a crime by meeting a terrorist accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attack that left 166 people dead.
On July 02, Vaidik met Saeed in Lahore where he had gone as a member of an Indian delegation that also included Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar and former external affairs minister Salman Khurshid.
Vaidik`s meeting triggered outrage, with the government denouncing the meeting.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress