Vaidya’s remark on Modi not official: RSS
New Delhi: The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh went into damage control mode after senior RSS leader MG Vaidya alleged that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was behind the campaign against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari.
Distancing itself from the blusterous remark, Sangh’s spokesman Ram Madhav said the views expressed by Vaidya were his personal.
Madhav also added that the official statements are made only by those who are in the RSS.
Indicating disarray within the BJP, Vaidya, Sunday, in his blog wrote: “The roots of the campaign against Nitin Gadkari have to be in Gujarat because when Ram Jethmalani demanded Gadkari’s resignation, he also demanded that Narendra Modi be made the prime ministerial candidate of the party”.
“Modi himself seems to have strong prime ministerial ambitions because LK Advani and Nitin Gadkari have already said that they are not in the race for the PM. But Narendra Modi has still not said anything on this issue,” he added.
“Narendra Modi might have felt that Gadkari as the BJP president will hamper his chances of becoming the Prime Minster. He is using Jethmalani to fulfil his plans,” the RSS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why