Vaidya`s remarks on Modi unfounded: Gadkari
New Delhi: Nitin Gadkari Monday termed as "unfounded" remarks of RSS ideologue M G Vaidya that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was behind the campaign to make him quit as BJP President and said all party leaders are working unitedly for the organisation.
In a statement issued here, Gadkari also rejected Vaidya`s attempt to link recent comments by party MP Ram Jethmalani with Modi.
"The BJP completely rejects such insinuation, as it is totally unfounded. All central leaders of the party and its Chief Ministers have been working cohesively and unitedly for the cause of the party," he said.
In his blog, Vaidya lamented the public statement of Jethmalani in which he had demanded the resignation of Gadkari and had sought projection of Modi as prime ministerial candidate.
Gadkari said BJP is fighting Gujarat assembly elections with "complete unity of purpose" and mutual confidence.
"BJP is firmly and unitedly behind Narendra Modi and we are confident that the party will win decisively in the ensuing assembly elections," he said.
Vaidya has said the needle of suspicion in the anti-Gadkari campaign in BJP points towards Modi who has never denied his ambition to become Prime Minister.
The RSS was quick to distance itself from Vaidya`s remarks with Sangh leader Ram Madhav noting that it may be the ideologue`s personal view and "it is not the opinion of the Sangh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends