Vaiko threatens `siege` of PM`s residence if Rajapaksa visits again
Chennai: Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko has issued an ultimatum that his party cadres would lay ``siege`` to the Prime Minister`s residence in New Delhi if Sri Lanka`s President Mahinda Rajapaksa visits the country again.
Reacting to the just concluded visit of President Rajapaksa to the Madhya Pradesh, Vaiko said: "I have already declared in Sanchi, that if the UPA Government dares to invite the killer of Tamils, Mahinda Rajapaksa, the MDMK will hold a siege at 7, Race Course Road, the residence of the Prime Minister."
"We have (also) planned to organise meetings in every state capital in which human rights activists who are concerned about the rights of the Tamils, who condemn the genocide of the Tamils, will also participate," he added.
President Rajapaksa`s visit to Sanchi to inaugurate a Buddhist institution had provoked both furor and outrage among Tamil organisations, since they accused him of having committed human rights violations.
Earlier, the founder of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) party and lawmaker, Thol Thirumavalavan, had said the Tamil community was deeply hurt by the government`s insensitivity towards the issue.
"We strongly condemn the attitude of the union government which is against Tamil community and ethnic society. The whole Tamil community is agitating against the visit of Rajapaksa to India but union government is not bothering about this demand," he said.
"So, we strongly condemn the attitude of the union government. We demand the government to send back Rajapaksa to Sri Lanka," Thirumavalavan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read