Vaishnodevi to have new helipad to meet rush
Jammu: Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board
(SMVSB) will set up a new helipad for ferrying pilgrims to the
famous cave shrine in Jammu district.
A new helipad is being built by the Board in Katra to
cater to the needs of increasing number of pilgrims flying
every day to the cave shrine, 61 km from here, SMVSB officials
The holy cave shrine is perched at a height of 5,200 feet
above the sea level in the Trikuta Hills of the Shivalik
Range, and nearly 88 lakh pilgrims have visited it so far this
year, surpassing all previous records.
Governor N N Vohra, who is chairman of SMVSB, and senior
officials visited the proposed location for development of a
new helipad to shift operations from the present site.
The Governor, while inspecting the proposed helipad site
on the Katra-Reasi road, stressed the need for ensuring that
all required facilities were provided, like parking place,
food courts and medical aid, besides drinking water and toilet
He also reviewed the progress of ongoing work on the
Dedicated Mule Track from Katra to Adhkwari and asked the CEO
to draw up a time-bound Action Plan to ensure the timely
completion of the Mule Track.
Meanwhile, a state-of-the-art Spiritual Growth Centre will
be thrown open to pilgrims on November 26 at the cave shrine.
The Centre will have a Library Hall, Souvenir Shop,
Auditorium, Exhibition Hall, Conference Hall, Training and
Development Section, besides Meditation and Prayer Halls.
The Governor also reviewed the progress of the upcoming
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Institute of Medical Excellence at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit