Vajpayee, Advani, Joshi will be part of Marg Darshan Mandal: BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: After reports were out that the BJP made big changes in its parliamentary board's leadership while dropping names of party patriarchs Atal Bihari Vajpayee, LK Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, the party's national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Tuesday clarified that the party veterans will be part of Marg Darshan Mandal.
The party has created a body named 'Marg Darshak Mandal' (guiding group), which also includes Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
“For the first time Marg Darshak Mandal has been formed and it has been given a status of a permanent body,” Hussain was quoted as saying by the reporters.
However, he dodged the question that which one would be the final decision making body between the parliamentary board and Marg Darshak Mandal.
The 12 members of the BJP parliamentary board are Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, Arun Jailtey, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari, Venkaiah Naidu, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Thawarchand Gehlotm, Ananth Kumar, JP Nadda and Ramlal.
Moreover, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, under whose leadership the party registered its third consecutive victory in the state, has been rewarded with a membership in the party's parliamentary board. BJP national general secretary and Rajya Sabha MP JP Nadda has also been included in the party's highest decision-making body.
Earlier, both Advani and Joshi were denied Cabinet berths in the Modi Cabinet.
BJP under the leadership of Modi won 282 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 General Elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended