Vajpayee involved in Ram temple movement: VHP
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Atal Bihari
Vajpayee was involved in the Ram Janma Bhoomi movement which
led to the Babri Mosque demolition in Ayodhya on December 6,
1992, VHP chief Ashok Singhal said on Friday.
"Ataljee was also involved in the movement. He had
been also arrested. I won`t say that he was not involved. He
had been arrested in Lucknow," Singhal told reporters when
asked to comment on the Liberhan Commission report indicting
68 persons including Vajpayee for the Babri Mosque demolition.
Asked about L K Advani`s remarks that the demolition
day was "saddest day of his life", Singhal said, "I have told
him not to make such remarks (maine unku mana kiya hai ki woh
aisa naa kahein)."
He said the movement was the "movement of saints" but
it is being given a political shape which is "absolutely"
wrong. "I want to make it clear that it was a movement of
saints who guided it and will continue to do it in future."
The VHP leader claimed that VHP wants a "permanent and
stable" bond of love between Hindus and Muslims.
But, also said, only the withdrawal of claims of
Muslims on the Ram Janma Bhoomi (in Ayodhya), Krishna Janma
Bhoomi (in Mathura) and Kashi Vishwanath and the handing over
of these places to Hindus by a law of Parliament can ensure
strength for real Hindu-Muslim unity.
"If they want peace in India, a law has to be
formulated so that these temples can be constructed," Singhal
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living