Vajpayee`s Kashmir dream will be realised: Narendra Modi
Katra: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s dream of restoring peace in Jammu and Kashmir will be realised.
Modi made the comments after flagging off the Katra-Udhampur train, which will link the Mata Vaishno Devi shrine near Katra with the rest of the country.
Addressing a public rally here, Modi said: "Jammu and Kashmir has passed through very trying times. It is the desire of every Indian to ensure that the state makes progress and the youth here get employment.
"It is our duty, and we will do it, whether we are in power in the state or not.
"I want to give a message to the people of Jammu and Kashmir that the journey started by Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the state will be taken to its logical conclusion."
The prime minister, who arrived earlier in Jammu, said the Katra-Udhampur rail link had been inaugurated at a time when the Amarnath Yatra was on and also during the holy month of Ramadan.
"The rail link is dedicated not only to the people of Jammu and Kashmir but also to the people of the country who come here in millions to pay obeisance at the Mata`s shrine.
"When progress takes place at one place, some people at other places feel neglected ... as the chief minister has said about the apprehensions of the people of Jammu city.
"I want to assure the people of Jammu that their interests will be protected. I do not believe anybody will come to Katra and not visit Jammu city.
"Building of infrastructure is a holistic exercise. Whenever development takes place at one place, its benefits reach all places."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi