Vanzara objects to Amin turning approver
Ahmedabad: Eight police officers accused in
the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, including D G
Vanzara, have objected to another accused police officer N K
Amin turning approver in the case.
Eight accused in the case, including three suspended IPS
officers--Vanzara, Dinesh M N and Rajkumar Pandian--have
informed the court through their lawyer Prayesh Limbachia that
they have objection to Amin`s application to turn approver.
Limbachia, representing all the eight accused, stood up
in the court when the court proceedings were on and said that
they should be made a party to the case.
He said they will file a detailed affidavit listing their
objections to Amin turning approver during the next hearing of
The hearing of Amin`s application to turn approver in the
case has been deferred till August 3 by Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate A I Raval.
Amin, through his lawyers, had yesterday filed an
application in the court to become an approver and also asked
the court to grant him pardon in the case.
His application had come a day after former minister of
state for home of Gujarat Amit Shah was arrested by CBI in the
fake encounter case.
The hearing was adjourned as Amin`s lawyer had to leave
immediately due to a family related matter.
Amin`s another application seeking his transfer of jail
was rejected by the court.
The court, however, has instructed the jail authorities
to ensure that Amin is kept in a separate cell from the other
Amin, in his application for jail transfer, had said that
he was lodged in Sabarmati Central jail along with other
accused in the case and apprehended that they could attack him
and cause him injuries.
He said he also feared for his life as the other accused
in the case were agitated over what was being written about
the case in the newspapers for the last couple of days.
Amin was Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), city
Crime Branch, before being arrested in 2007 based on the
statement of a witness involved in the operation of abducting
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar bi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail