Vanzara`s statement an indictment of Modi: Congress
New Delhi: Congress Tuesday used the resignation of D G Vanzara to attack Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi saying the IPS officer`s statement proves that fake encounters were a policy of the state government.
Party spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit said the statements of Vanzara after he tendered his resignation show that "everybody, including the highest post in that state, was in conscious knowledge of what was happening."
He said the senior officer`s remarks show that he has been let down by the government because "he and 32 other officers were actually doing something that was a considered, conscious, known and sanctioned policy of the Gujarat government."
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh said most of the encounters which took place in Gujarat were false "done probably for the image build up of Narendra Modi, the sole fighter against terror activities and sole activist for the Hindus."
He said Vanzara`s statement reflects the mindset of the Gujarat police officers.
Vanzara is suspended and behind the bars for a series of alleged fake encounters. He resigned from service accusing Narendra Modi government of having failed to protect the jailed police officers who fought against "Pakistan inspired terrorism".
Singh said after the resignation of the IPS officer, it becomes all the more important to carry out investigations and "whoever it may be, strongest action should be taken against all those involved in the crime."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP