Varma to depose as witness in a graft case
Mumbai: Former Director General of CWG VK
Verma, now out on bail, was to depose in the special CBI court
in Mumbai on Thursday as a witness in another graft case.
"Verma was to depose today as witness before the court,
in a red carpet scam, but since he did not come today the case
was adjourned till February 22," said special public
prosecutor Usha Kiran Makasare.
The graft case involved one M L Thatte, a purchase
manager in Air India in 1998 who was arrested in 2001.
"Thatte had purchased carpets for Air India and inflated
the amount payable to suppliers", said Makasare.
Verma had given a statement to the CBI in this case in
his capacity as Director (Commercial) Air India at that time.
CWG chief Kalmadi and Verma were granted bail today by
Justice Mukta Gupta of the Delhi High court in the games
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears