Varma to depose as witness in a graft case
Mumbai: Former Director General of CWG VK
Verma, now out on bail, was to depose in the special CBI court
in Mumbai on Thursday as a witness in another graft case.
"Verma was to depose today as witness before the court,
in a red carpet scam, but since he did not come today the case
was adjourned till February 22," said special public
prosecutor Usha Kiran Makasare.
The graft case involved one M L Thatte, a purchase
manager in Air India in 1998 who was arrested in 2001.
"Thatte had purchased carpets for Air India and inflated
the amount payable to suppliers", said Makasare.
Verma had given a statement to the CBI in this case in
his capacity as Director (Commercial) Air India at that time.
CWG chief Kalmadi and Verma were granted bail today by
Justice Mukta Gupta of the Delhi High court in the games
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read