Varun files RTI to get info on MPs` Swiss a/c
New Delhi: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Friday sought
names of Members of Parliament and others who have allegedly
stashed black money in the accounts of HSBC, Geneva, the
details of which have recently been shared with the Finance
The young MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh has shot off
a six-point RTI application seeking names of Indians who have
allegedly deposited their money in the bank, the action taken
by the Central Board of Direct Taxes against them and related
details in this regard.
In his application, he wanted to know from the Finance
Ministry the list of persons who have deposited more than 50
crore in the HSBC, Geneva and people who have been questioned
or surveyed in this regard.
The MP also wanted to know if Income Tax department has
made any recovery from the account holders of HSBC, Geneva.
Varun said he decided to seek reply through RTI because
the government was indulging in obfuscation by taking cover
under the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement with
He said he would approach court in government fails to
give him necessary information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why