Varun Gandhi in Ramlila to support Anna
New Delhi: Firebrand BJP MP from Pilibhit and an open supporter of the anti-graft Lokpal Bill, Varun Gandhi on Wednesday morning reached Ramlila Maidan to extend his support to the fasting social activist Anna Hazare.
Varun went to meet Anna supporters and was seated on ground like the common men. Talking to media persons from the sidelines of Ramlila Maidan, he said, “I am here to support Anna in his campaign against the corruption.”
Varun, however informed that he hasn’t met the Gandhian yet.
Varun’s visit once again gave rise to the speculations of Anna Hazare being close to the right wing. Earlier, his statement praising Gujarat’s Narendra Modi government drew flak from activists across the country after which he was forced to withdraw his statement.
Ealier, Varun Gandhi said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for social activist Anna Hazare.
"Our time starts now. I stand for the spirit of the legislation as an Indian. I hope this way I would be able to make a small contribution towards the legislative process," said the young Pilibhit MP.
Observing that a beginning has to be made, Varun said as people can`t wait for five years for a fresh bill to be introduced in parliament, "We need to put a system in place. We must think why millions of young people have joined the protest against corruption."
He had also said there was no confirmation when the Jan Lokpal bill might be presented as a private member`s bill in the lower house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday