Varun Gandhi in Ramlila to support Anna
New Delhi: Firebrand BJP MP from Pilibhit and an open supporter of the anti-graft Lokpal Bill, Varun Gandhi on Wednesday morning reached Ramlila Maidan to extend his support to the fasting social activist Anna Hazare.
Varun went to meet Anna supporters and was seated on ground like the common men. Talking to media persons from the sidelines of Ramlila Maidan, he said, “I am here to support Anna in his campaign against the corruption.”
Varun, however informed that he hasn’t met the Gandhian yet.
Varun’s visit once again gave rise to the speculations of Anna Hazare being close to the right wing. Earlier, his statement praising Gujarat’s Narendra Modi government drew flak from activists across the country after which he was forced to withdraw his statement.
Ealier, Varun Gandhi said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for social activist Anna Hazare.
"Our time starts now. I stand for the spirit of the legislation as an Indian. I hope this way I would be able to make a small contribution towards the legislative process," said the young Pilibhit MP.
Observing that a beginning has to be made, Varun said as people can`t wait for five years for a fresh bill to be introduced in parliament, "We need to put a system in place. We must think why millions of young people have joined the protest against corruption."
He had also said there was no confirmation when the Jan Lokpal bill might be presented as a private member`s bill in the lower house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks