Varun invites aunt Sonia to his wedding
New Delhi: Putting aside differences, BJP
MP Varun Gandhi on Wednesday met his aunt and Congress President
Sonia Gandhi to invite her to his wedding next month.
The 30-year-old Pilibhit MP met Gandhi at her
residence 10, Janpath for lunch.
Sources said it was a personal affair and the two were
together for an hour at noon.
Varun will tie the nuptial knot with Yamini Roy, a
graphic designer, in Varanasi on March 6.
Two receptions are planned in Delhi and Pilibhit after
the marriage at Kanchi Shankarachaya`s temple on Hanuman
Varun`s mother Maneka Gandhi, the estranged
daughter-in-law of late prime minister Indira Gandhi, is also
a BJP MP from Aaonla Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days