Varun invites aunt Sonia to his wedding
New Delhi: Putting aside differences, BJP
MP Varun Gandhi on Wednesday met his aunt and Congress President
Sonia Gandhi to invite her to his wedding next month.
The 30-year-old Pilibhit MP met Gandhi at her
residence 10, Janpath for lunch.
Sources said it was a personal affair and the two were
together for an hour at noon.
Varun will tie the nuptial knot with Yamini Roy, a
graphic designer, in Varanasi on March 6.
Two receptions are planned in Delhi and Pilibhit after
the marriage at Kanchi Shankarachaya`s temple on Hanuman
Varun`s mother Maneka Gandhi, the estranged
daughter-in-law of late prime minister Indira Gandhi, is also
a BJP MP from Aaonla Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress