Varun takes a dig on unidentified donation to BSP
New Delhi: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Sunday raised
the issue of "unidentified" donations to political parties and
targeted the BSP calling it a "rich party of poor people".
"How come parties in power receive the most `unidentified`
donations?", he tweeted in an apparent reference to a media
report which said that most political parties were getting a
bulk of funds from unidentified donors.
In another tweet, he took a swipe at UP Chief Minister
"India, poor country of rich people. BSP, rich party of
poor people," said Varun on the social networking site
"Does an undisclosed donation = black money, bribes, or
both?", he said.
The report listed the ruling Congress as having the
maximum funds from unidentified donors followed by the BSP.
Interestingly Varun Gandhi`s own party the BJP is also a
beneficiary of contributions from unidentified donors,
according to the report.
Political parties do not have to disclose donors who make
contributions lesser than Rs 20,000 as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH