Varun takes a dig on unidentified donation to BSP
New Delhi: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Sunday raised
the issue of "unidentified" donations to political parties and
targeted the BSP calling it a "rich party of poor people".
"How come parties in power receive the most `unidentified`
donations?", he tweeted in an apparent reference to a media
report which said that most political parties were getting a
bulk of funds from unidentified donors.
In another tweet, he took a swipe at UP Chief Minister
"India, poor country of rich people. BSP, rich party of
poor people," said Varun on the social networking site
"Does an undisclosed donation = black money, bribes, or
both?", he said.
The report listed the ruling Congress as having the
maximum funds from unidentified donors followed by the BSP.
Interestingly Varun Gandhi`s own party the BJP is also a
beneficiary of contributions from unidentified donors,
according to the report.
Political parties do not have to disclose donors who make
contributions lesser than Rs 20,000 as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack