Varun takes a dig on unidentified donation to BSP
New Delhi: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Sunday raised
the issue of "unidentified" donations to political parties and
targeted the BSP calling it a "rich party of poor people".
"How come parties in power receive the most `unidentified`
donations?", he tweeted in an apparent reference to a media
report which said that most political parties were getting a
bulk of funds from unidentified donors.
In another tweet, he took a swipe at UP Chief Minister
"India, poor country of rich people. BSP, rich party of
poor people," said Varun on the social networking site
"Does an undisclosed donation = black money, bribes, or
both?", he said.
The report listed the ruling Congress as having the
maximum funds from unidentified donors followed by the BSP.
Interestingly Varun Gandhi`s own party the BJP is also a
beneficiary of contributions from unidentified donors,
according to the report.
Political parties do not have to disclose donors who make
contributions lesser than Rs 20,000 as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof