Varun to bring Anna`s Jan Lokpal Bill in LS today
BJP leader Varun Gandhi is
expected to introduce Team Anna`s draft Jan Lokpal Bill in the
Lok Sabha during private members` business on Friday.
Earlier this week, Gandhi had said he plans to introduce
Anna Hazare`s Jan Lokpal bill as a Private Member`s Bill in
Interestingly, the revised list of business of the Lok
Sabha states that BJP member D V Sadananda Gowda is scheduled
to introduce in the Lok Sabha a Constitution (Amendment) Bill
to make changes to the Eight Schedule.
Gowda, a member of the Lok Sabha, was appointed Chief
Minister of Karnataka recently. He is yet to resign as member
of the Lower House.
The Rules of Procedure of Lok Sabha state that a member
who wants to introduce a Bill has to give prior notice to the
"The period of notice for introduction of a Bill is one
month unless the Speaker allows introduction at a shorter
notice," the rules state.
The notice is to be accompanied by a copy of the Bill and
an explanatory Statement of Objects and Reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH