Vayalar Ravi out of danger after accident in Liberia
Abuja: Minister of Overseas Affairs
Vayalar Ravi is out of danger after a car accident in Liberia
on Thursday, the Indian High Commissioner here has said, even as his
visit to Nigeria has been cancelled.
Ravi was scheduled to visit Nigeria today. A speeding
driver rammed into Ravi`s car in Monrovia, the capital city of
Liberia while he was heading to board a flight to Nigeria.
Mahesh Sachdev, the Indian High Commissioner to
Nigeria said that the Minister has been taken to John F
Kennedy Medical Centre in the capital city for medical
treatment and may be evacuated to Abidjan, the capital of Cote
d’Ivoire if the need arises.
The High Commissioner said he spoke with officials
in Monrovia who said the injury is not dangerous.
Ambassador to Cote d`Ivoire with concurrent
accreditation to Liberia , Shamma Jain was also wounded in the
accident. Ravi is on a nine day tour of African countries
namely, Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Liberia and Nigeria.
The visit to Nigeria has been cancelled.
During his visit to Liberia, he held talks with
Liberian officials on further strengthening the technical and
economic cooperation between the two countries.
In Ghana he met President John Evans Atta Mills
their discussion dwelt on several bilateral issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir