Vayalar Ravi out of danger after accident in Liberia
Abuja: Minister of Overseas Affairs
Vayalar Ravi is out of danger after a car accident in Liberia
on Thursday, the Indian High Commissioner here has said, even as his
visit to Nigeria has been cancelled.
Ravi was scheduled to visit Nigeria today. A speeding
driver rammed into Ravi`s car in Monrovia, the capital city of
Liberia while he was heading to board a flight to Nigeria.
Mahesh Sachdev, the Indian High Commissioner to
Nigeria said that the Minister has been taken to John F
Kennedy Medical Centre in the capital city for medical
treatment and may be evacuated to Abidjan, the capital of Cote
d’Ivoire if the need arises.
The High Commissioner said he spoke with officials
in Monrovia who said the injury is not dangerous.
Ambassador to Cote d`Ivoire with concurrent
accreditation to Liberia , Shamma Jain was also wounded in the
accident. Ravi is on a nine day tour of African countries
namely, Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Liberia and Nigeria.
The visit to Nigeria has been cancelled.
During his visit to Liberia, he held talks with
Liberian officials on further strengthening the technical and
economic cooperation between the two countries.
In Ghana he met President John Evans Atta Mills
their discussion dwelt on several bilateral issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH