Vayalar Ravi seeks more investment from Indian diaspora
New Delhi: Highlighting the immense
business opportunities in India, Overseas Indian Affairs
Minister Vayalar Ravi has sought more investment from the
Indian diaspora in Europe and said they can play a vital role
in enhancing Indo-Europe trade ties.
Addressing the third Mini-Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at
The Hague in Netherlands, Ravi said the diaspora community can
play a vital role in enhancing trade ties between Europe and
He also outlined the competitive business environment
and investment climate in different states and said Overseas
Indian Facilitation Centres have been set up by his Ministry
to facilitate investment by the Indian diaspora.
The event, held at historic World Forum in The Hague
saw participation of prominent members of the Indian diaspora
in Europe besides dignitaries from both Netherlands and India.
He promised to take up the demand for setting up of a
Cultural Centre in the Netherlands.
Jan Piet Hein Donner, Dutch Minister for Social
Affairs and Employment emphasised how the Netherlands could
act as a bridge between India and Europe and said that in
response to the persistent demands from the resident Indian
community in the Netherlands, a Social Security Agreement
would soon be signed between the two countries.
Ruud Lubbers, former Dutch Prime Minister brought out
how the international focus has shifted from independence and
sovereignty of states to inter-dependence of states and said
that India has a significant role to play in a multi-polar
Officials said the main aim of the event was to bring
together members of the Indian diaspora in Europe at a common
platform and discuss their role in enhancing Indo-European
The first mini Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention was
held in New York in September 2007 while the second organised
at Singapore in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA