VC of Darul Uloom Deoband passes away after prolonged illness
Muzaffarnagar: Vice-chancellor of leading
Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband, Maulana Marghoobur
Rahman died on Wednesday at his native place Bijnor after prolonged
He was 99 and bedridden for the past several months, ,
sources at seminary said.
His body was brought to Deoband and was to be laid to
rest at the Kasmi graveyard of the city.
Rahman was appointed as VC of Darul Uloom in 1982.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death