VC Shukla built his own cremation platform
Raipur: Congress leader V.C. Shukla, who succumbed to wounds he suffered during the May 25 Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, had built the place where he will be cremated on Wednesday evening.
Shukla had constructed a rectangular platform at his farmhouse Radheshyam Bhawan in Labhandi and had conveyed to his family and friends that he should be cremated there.
His body will reach Raipur late Tuesday night. It will be placed in Congress Bhawan for people to pay their last respects before being taken to his farmhouse for cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala