VC Shukla shows signs of improvement, still in ICU
Gurgaon: Former Union minister and Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist attack, has shown further signs of improvement, but he is still critical and remains in ICU.
"He has shown further signs of improvement during the last 24 hours. He is still in ICU and remains critical. A team of multi-specialist doctors is taking care of him," AK Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta Hospital told reporters on Friday.
The 84-year-old veteran Congress leader was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and injuring Shukla and 36 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife