VC Shukla shows signs of improvement, still in ICU
Gurgaon: Former Union minister and Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist attack, has shown further signs of improvement, but he is still critical and remains in ICU.
"He has shown further signs of improvement during the last 24 hours. He is still in ICU and remains critical. A team of multi-specialist doctors is taking care of him," AK Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta Hospital told reporters on Friday.
The 84-year-old veteran Congress leader was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and injuring Shukla and 36 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1