Vehicle used by accused in US national`s gang-rape traced
Manali: The vehicle in which a US national was allegedly gang-raped here has been traced, police said on Wednesday.
"The tipper has been traced... The identity of the accused would be established soon," a police official said.
The victim was allegedly raped Monday night by the occupants of the tipper who offered her a lift back to Manali from Vashisth where she had gone to visit some friends.
The victim alleged that she was dumped later here in the wee hours of morning and the culprits also took away her valuables including an iPhone, camera, USD 30, Rs 5,000 and around 1,500 Thai Baht, said Kullu SP V K Dhawan.
A medical examination of the victim has confirmed rape.
Police said they were close to identifying the culprits, who are suspected to be in the age group of 18 to 25 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea