Venkaiah targets Cong over Rushdie
Hyderabad: A day after controversial author
Salman Rushdie hit out at Congress and Rahul Gandhi, senior
BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said Congress was adopting a
"selective approach" in this regard.
"That was unfortunate...Congress and pseudo-secular
parties were selective in their approach," he told reporters.
Venkaiah was reacting to Rushdie`s comment that his
presence at the Jaipur Literary Festival held in January was
blocked by "useless electoral calculations" and told Rahul
Gandhi that "it did not work".
Rushdie made the comment when he was speaking at the India
Today Conclave in New Delhi yesterday.
Venkaiah said the relationship between Congress and SP
came out in "open" after the recently concluded Uttar Pradesh
"Samajwadi Party is supporting Congress government at
Centre.....Both SP and Congress are working together...It is
`dosti` in Centre and `kushti` in state (Uttar Pradesh)...And
now their relationship has come out in open," Venkaiah said.
He was reacting to the AICC general secretary Digvijay
Singh`s statement that he had no objection to Mulayam Singh
Yadav-led party joining the UPA government.
Rahul Gandhi during campaigning for the Uttar Pradesh
polls had accused Samajwadi Party of failing to deliver when
it was the helm of state affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune