Venugopal to join CBI legal team in 2G spectrum case in SC
New Delhi: The government on Saturday briefed the CBI`s legal team to argue the 2G spectrum case in the Supreme Court by inducting eminent lawyer KK Venugopal to represent the investigating agency along with Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval.
With the appointment of Venugopal, the strength of the legal team has gone up to four.
The decision by the Law Ministry to requisition the services of Venugopal, a private lawyer, ahead of the Supreme Court hearing on Tuesday, is as an effort to strengthen its
legal team in the Supreme Court for the sensitive case, sources said.
While Attorney General GE Vahanvati will represent the Prime Minister, Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium will represent the DoT.
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily had on Friday asked his Vahanvati to appear for the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'