Venugopal to join CBI legal team in 2G spectrum case in SC
New Delhi: The government on Saturday briefed the CBI`s legal team to argue the 2G spectrum case in the Supreme Court by inducting eminent lawyer KK Venugopal to represent the investigating agency along with Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval.
With the appointment of Venugopal, the strength of the legal team has gone up to four.
The decision by the Law Ministry to requisition the services of Venugopal, a private lawyer, ahead of the Supreme Court hearing on Tuesday, is as an effort to strengthen its
legal team in the Supreme Court for the sensitive case, sources said.
While Attorney General GE Vahanvati will represent the Prime Minister, Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium will represent the DoT.
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily had on Friday asked his Vahanvati to appear for the Prime Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan