Venugopal to join CBI legal team in 2G spectrum case in SC
New Delhi: The government on Saturday briefed the CBI`s legal team to argue the 2G spectrum case in the Supreme Court by inducting eminent lawyer KK Venugopal to represent the investigating agency along with Additional Solicitor General Haren Raval.
With the appointment of Venugopal, the strength of the legal team has gone up to four.
The decision by the Law Ministry to requisition the services of Venugopal, a private lawyer, ahead of the Supreme Court hearing on Tuesday, is as an effort to strengthen its
legal team in the Supreme Court for the sensitive case, sources said.
While Attorney General GE Vahanvati will represent the Prime Minister, Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium will represent the DoT.
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily had on Friday asked his Vahanvati to appear for the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India