Verbal exchanges between Congress, BJP in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: A Congress member in the Lok Sabha on Thursday took a dig at the BJP over the growing influence of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in national politics ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"We don`t take orders from Nagpur (where RSS headquarters are located). Now they are confused whether they will take orders from Nagpur or Ahmedabad," said Madhu Goud Yaskhi, obviously referring to Modi.
Participating in a discussion on the Demands for Grants (General), Yaskhi also attacked the Modi government for "lack of development" in Gujarat, saying "the stories about the Rambo state`s economy is more a myth than reality."
The House also saw verbal exchanges between Congress and the main opposition party when BJP member Ananth Kumar spoke about the erstwhile Congress rule in Madhya Pradesh under Digvijay Singh.
"Digvijay ne kiya bantadhaar, Shivraj Singh Chouhan vikaas ka karnadhaar (Digvijay created a mess, Shivraj is leading the development)," Kumar said.
This was contested to by MP PCC president Kantilal Bhuria and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, who also belongs to Madhya Pradesh.
But a BJP member remarked that Nath, who was sitting with SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at that time, was also aware of the ground reality.
Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh are due by year-end, along with four other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof