Verdict on ND Tiwari paternity suit today
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will pronounce its order on whether veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari would have to undergo a DNA test following a claim by Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
Justice S Ravindra Bhatt had reserved his order on September 21 after hearing the contention of Shekhar, his mother Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari.
Tiwari vehemently opposed the plea of the petitioner and pleaded that he cannot be forced to undergo the DNA test.
The High Court had earlier rejected Tiwari`s plea for dismissal of the petition on the ground that it was filed 31 years after Rohit was born in order to malign his image.
A bench comprising Justices Vikramjit Sen and Mukta Gupta refused to permit Tiwari to amend his application in which he had opposed the claim made in the paternity suit.
84-year-old Tiwari had approached the division bench after a single judge of the high court had on August 13 dismissed his plea seeking changes in the paternity suit filed by Rohit Shekhar.
Dismissing Tiwari`s application, Justice S Ravindra Bhat had then imposed a cost of Rs 75,000 on him.
Through his application, Tiwari had raised objections to the additional facts incorporated by Rohit Shekhar in his fresh paternity suit.
"Rohit should have sought the court`s permission to amend the suit with the new fact that he had tried to meet Tiwari at an airport in 2005," said Tiwari in his application.
Tiwari had quit as Andhra Pradesh Governor following allegations of his involvement in a sex scandal inside Raj Bhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing