Vessel case: Court allows release of fishing boat
Kollam: A court here Thursday permitted the conditional release from police custody of the boat on which two Indian fishermen were shot dead allegedly by Italian marines on board a cargo ship.
The boat was allowed to be released on conditions including execution of bond for Rs 15 lakh by the owner and two personal guarantees of Rs 30 lakh.
The boat, St Antony, has been detained at the Coastal Police station at Neendakara near here since February 15, when the two local fishermen fishing from it were shot dead by marines aboard the Italian ship Enrica Lexie.
Granting the plea of the boat owner Freddy, Chief Judicial Magistrate A K Gopakumar directed the Coastal Police to release the boat on compliance of the conditions.
The owner was also asked to produce the boat before the Circle Inspector of the Coastal Police station at Neendakara once every two weeks and not to tamper with the evidences on it like the gun shot mark.
If any maintenance had to be carried out on the boat, it should be done only with the concurrence of the police.
The court order comes five days after the Italian ship was allowed to sail off Kochi, where it had been detained since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read