Veteran economist KK Subramanion passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Subramanion, veteran economist and honorary fellow at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), died Friday morning at a private hospital here. He was 75, a CDS spokesperson said.
Subramanion joined the CDS as a fellow in the mid-eighties after he stepped down as director of the Sardar Patel Institute for Economic and Social Research in Ahmedabad.
He served as a member in several state government committees, including the administrative reforms commission, and was considered the foremost expert in the industry.
The cremation will take place here Friday evening.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31