Veteran economist KK Subramanion passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Subramanion, veteran economist and honorary fellow at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), died Friday morning at a private hospital here. He was 75, a CDS spokesperson said.
Subramanion joined the CDS as a fellow in the mid-eighties after he stepped down as director of the Sardar Patel Institute for Economic and Social Research in Ahmedabad.
He served as a member in several state government committees, including the administrative reforms commission, and was considered the foremost expert in the industry.
The cremation will take place here Friday evening.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them