Veteran economist KK Subramanion passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Subramanion, veteran economist and honorary fellow at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), died Friday morning at a private hospital here. He was 75, a CDS spokesperson said.
Subramanion joined the CDS as a fellow in the mid-eighties after he stepped down as director of the Sardar Patel Institute for Economic and Social Research in Ahmedabad.
He served as a member in several state government committees, including the administrative reforms commission, and was considered the foremost expert in the industry.
The cremation will take place here Friday evening.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'