Veteran economist KK Subramanion passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Subramanion, veteran economist and honorary fellow at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), died Friday morning at a private hospital here. He was 75, a CDS spokesperson said.
Subramanion joined the CDS as a fellow in the mid-eighties after he stepped down as director of the Sardar Patel Institute for Economic and Social Research in Ahmedabad.
He served as a member in several state government committees, including the administrative reforms commission, and was considered the foremost expert in the industry.
The cremation will take place here Friday evening.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan