Veteran economist KK Subramanion passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Subramanion, veteran economist and honorary fellow at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), died Friday morning at a private hospital here. He was 75, a CDS spokesperson said.
Subramanion joined the CDS as a fellow in the mid-eighties after he stepped down as director of the Sardar Patel Institute for Economic and Social Research in Ahmedabad.
He served as a member in several state government committees, including the administrative reforms commission, and was considered the foremost expert in the industry.
The cremation will take place here Friday evening.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why