Veteran socialist leader G P Pradhan passes away
Pune: Senior socialist leader and writer
Professor G P Pradhan died of old age in a city hospital
He was 88.
Pradhan, former leader of the Opposition in
Maharashtra Legislative Council, had been in the forefront of
the socialist movement in the state, working closely with
stalwarts like S M Joshi and N G Gore.
Known as a gentleman politician, Pradhan had
participated in the 1942 Quit India movement and later
underwent imprisonment during the emergency rule in 1975.
He wrote a number of books, including one on Tolstoy,
presenting the socialist thought in the Indian context.
Pradhan`s body is donated for medical research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report