VHP continues to bat for Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Kochi: Continuing to back Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal on Sunday said there was lot of support for him in the country.
"Modi is the hero of the Hindus. That`s why his name is being taken by the Hindus. What`s wrong in him leading the country?", Singhal asked while talking to reporters here.
On who should be BJP`s PM candidate, Singhal said it was for the party to decide on their candidate. But, he said people in the country support Modi and everywhere they are talking about Modi leading the country.
"We want a Prime minister who believes in greatness of Hinduism," he said.
When asked if Modi fits the bill, he shot back "what is wrong in him leading the country?`.
He, however, said there was no dearth of leaders. Faith in Modi also indicates faith in Hinduism, he said.
The VHP will be launching a programme called `Sreerama Nama Japa Yagnam` from April 11 to May 13 across India to unite the Hindus. The yagnam would be organised in 30 locations in Kerala. This is the first step towards formation of `Hindu Parliament` in 2014, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan