VHP continues to bat for Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Kochi: Continuing to back Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal on Sunday said there was lot of support for him in the country.
"Modi is the hero of the Hindus. That`s why his name is being taken by the Hindus. What`s wrong in him leading the country?", Singhal asked while talking to reporters here.
On who should be BJP`s PM candidate, Singhal said it was for the party to decide on their candidate. But, he said people in the country support Modi and everywhere they are talking about Modi leading the country.
"We want a Prime minister who believes in greatness of Hinduism," he said.
When asked if Modi fits the bill, he shot back "what is wrong in him leading the country?`.
He, however, said there was no dearth of leaders. Faith in Modi also indicates faith in Hinduism, he said.
The VHP will be launching a programme called `Sreerama Nama Japa Yagnam` from April 11 to May 13 across India to unite the Hindus. The yagnam would be organised in 30 locations in Kerala. This is the first step towards formation of `Hindu Parliament` in 2014, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?