VHP continues to bat for Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Kochi: Continuing to back Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal on Sunday said there was lot of support for him in the country.
"Modi is the hero of the Hindus. That`s why his name is being taken by the Hindus. What`s wrong in him leading the country?", Singhal asked while talking to reporters here.
On who should be BJP`s PM candidate, Singhal said it was for the party to decide on their candidate. But, he said people in the country support Modi and everywhere they are talking about Modi leading the country.
"We want a Prime minister who believes in greatness of Hinduism," he said.
When asked if Modi fits the bill, he shot back "what is wrong in him leading the country?`.
He, however, said there was no dearth of leaders. Faith in Modi also indicates faith in Hinduism, he said.
The VHP will be launching a programme called `Sreerama Nama Japa Yagnam` from April 11 to May 13 across India to unite the Hindus. The yagnam would be organised in 30 locations in Kerala. This is the first step towards formation of `Hindu Parliament` in 2014, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan